What is CurryFest954
- CurryFest954 is a FREE Food Festival which celebrates how communities are bridged through the common thread of Curry, which is used in cuisines around the world.
- Along with the main dish, international music, dance, art and speciality items will be showcased.
- Cooking demonstrations will highlight how curry is used through out the world and educational programs demonstrate how all corners of our world our bound together through culinary traditions.
- Fun and educational activities for children will offer something for the entire family.
- “Community Row” features the multi-cultural organizations that are vital to our community.
Food & Drink Each of Oakland Village Square’s international eateries will feature a signature Curry dish at special festival prices!
Resident eateries include (*indicates Halal Options):
- Chef Rose Jamaican Take Out*
- Schnitzel Haus German Cuisine
- Apna Bazaar Middle Eastern Market*
- Kam’s Roti Shop*
- The Hibiscus Guyanese-Chinese Fusion*
- Macillon Grio 2 Haitian Take Out
Beer Garden: Hosted by Wetz Pub, beer from the Caribbean will be available. Inside the pub, festival goers will be able to experience curry-infused drinks created specially for the event.
Cricket!: Demonstrations and open fun play.
Main Street Sunrise: Local artists, artisans, crafts, and specialty items with a focus on the international theme of the festival.
Community Row: Local multi-cultural and not-for-profit organizations will showcase their vitality to our community.
Children’s Activities: Hosted by Oakland Academy, will include topical arts and crafts, story telling, educational and other fun projects.
Video Game Competition: 2021 Soccer video game competition for fun prizes.
Entertainment: Local musicians, dance, spoken word and other performing arts take the stage showcasing performing arts from around the world.
CLICK HERE for Entertainment Schedule (Coming Soon)
CurryFest954 provides an exceptional marketing platform able to reach South Florida’s diverse community. Our sponsors will have presence leading up to the October date on digital and printed marketing and collateral, along with other promotional opportunities. During the festival, sponsor branding will be visible through out the grounds.